miércoles, 14 de julio de 2010

Amici




Another awesome day of class has come andgone... I have reached my limit. I am in total goof mode. To the left, I've included a picture of my classwork of an accurate drawing to represent the difference between "por" y "para". We were all laughing at my lack of care, artistry, attention...etc so I had to catch it on film.


During lunch, we passed around different hand gestures from different countries. I can't wait to teach my friends back home how the Mexicans gesture for lazy, and how the Italians flip people off. It's fantastic. We've been silently flipping each other off from across the classroom in several different languages. What's more, I will never be able to sing "shave and a haircut" again in my life. I'll explain that one in person.


After class, we headed to the Pablo Picasso Museum. We spent an hour there. I was nearly clawing at the walls to get outdoors. Valentina was meeting her friend,
Estefano, for
a drink afterwards and invited us along. On our way to meet Estefano, we passed through a plaza where a man was playing a guitar and a woman sang. She had one of the most beautiful voices in the world. Valentina, tired of being indoors all day, grabbed Laura to dance in the plaza. I caught it on film . It was the perfect way to kick off the afternoon.



We finally met Estefano and got to the bar. Estefano is from Valentina's hometown. He speaks Italian, Spanish and a little bit of English.
At our table sat 2 Americans, a Canadian, 2 Italians and a Mexican. In order to convey all messages clearly, we spoke Spanish, a little English and even some Italian. But the real moral of the story is, everyone speaks "drinks".


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario